Monday, September 20, 2010

What I Miss

1) I really, really miss good Mexican food.  I'm from the Chicago area and there is a place in my county called East Chicago, otherwise known as "Little Mexico."  There are so many Mexican restaurants near me, and the food is amazing.  I love spicy food and the only Mexican food I've gotten here is mediocre.  I miss tacos, tamales, and rice so much!

2) I also really miss my cat.  I know it sounds somewhat like I'm a lonely cat person, but I miss my boo.  He cuddled up into my arm every night when I slept.  I used to find that annoying, but now I miss it.  I am almost tempted to see how long I can try and hide my cat in my dorm room.

3)  Not having my close friends here sucks.  It was nice to have them minutes away from my house, but now they are three and a half hours away.  I'm not worried about making new friends here.  That part is easy.  However, it's not so easy to build a friendship that is as close as some of my friends from back home.  I takes time to build a close friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment