Monday, September 13, 2010

The Best Weekend I've had in a While.

This weekend was a really great one and a humorous one.  On Friday night, I went to bed early because I had to be up at six in the morning to go to the Purdue football game.  I went to bed and woke up to my drunk roomate standing over me saying my name.  This really scared me and was better than any alarm clock.  She asked if she could borrow my phone and I handed it to her.  I asked her where her boyfriend was because he came up from Illinois to see her and she replied with, "I don't know.  We got into a fight and I don't know where he is and he has my phone."  She called him and asked him where he was and he was over by the bell tower.  I told my roomate I would go with her once I put socks and shoes on.  Once I was dressed I said, "I'm ready."  She didn't reply because she had already fallen asleep.  So I had to find her boyfriend at one in the morning that night.
On Saturday, I drove up to Purdue.  My brother is in the marching band there and my family always goes to support him.  Being his little sister it is my duty to embarass him.  I screamed, "Brian Niedzwiecki I love you," when it was dead silent.  I guarantee everyone heard it.  Then they have what's called a "hail challenge" question.  They are always really hard math problems and I have never won.  However, this time I did win.  I was ecstatic.  I got to conduct the band and once again I embarassed my brother.  I made him point himself out to me and I said, "I love you," once again.
After the game we tailgated for a little while, and then I headed out to Renssalaer to visit my best friend at Saint Joseph's College.  On Sunday, I went to her soccer game and she had explained to me earlier that she only warms the bench.  As I sat there in boredom because the team was losing and my best friend was on the bench, the last 7 minutes of the game the coach put her in the game.  I cheered so loud and blew into the vuvuzela she made me bring to the game.  I was so happy to see her play.  Needless to say, it was icing on the cake for my already fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment